Before buying insurance from your bank to cover your mortgage, please consider your options. What does the insurance cover?
Many business owners depend on their business to provide income, security and in some cases, a legacy for their family.
Minimize the risk if death, disability or critical illness were to happen to a key person or shareholder of the business.
Who's this for?
- Key Person
- Buy Sell Arrangement
- Business Loan/Overhead Risk
- Retain Key Employees and Shareholders
- Minimize the impact on your business if key employees, shareholders or business owners were to become disabled, critically ill or die
- Retire or lower debts if key employees, shareholders or business owners were to become disabled, critically ill or die
On April 20, 2021, the B.C. Minister of Finance announced the 2021 budget. We have highlighted the most important things you need to know, including:
• Changes in the requirement to repay the B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers
• Home Owner Grant threshold change
• PST exemption for electric bikes
• Elimination of PST rebate for certain vehicle sales
• Delay in the carbon tax increase
• Tobacco tax increases
• Changes to the speculation and vacancy tax
On April 19, 2021, the Federal Government released their 2021 budget. Our article contains highlights of the various financial measures in this budget, divided into three different sections:
• Business Highlights, including an extension to COVID-19 Emergency Business Supports, new programs to support job creation, and a change in interest deductibility limits.
• Individual Highlights, including details on the tax treatment and repayment of personal COVID-19 benefits (such as CERB), eligibility changes to the Disability Tax Credit, an increase in OAS for those 75 and up, and support for job skills retraining.
• Additional Highlights, including a proposed federal minimum wage of $15, changes to the GST New Housing Rebate conditions, and new or increased taxes in areas such as luxury goods, tobacco, and Canadian housing owned by non-resident foreign owners.