An estate freeze can be an integral part of your estate planning strategy. The purpose of an estate freeze is to transfer any future increase in your business’s value (generally shares) that you own to someone else.
Attracting and retaining key employees is an important issue for many businesses. Providing innovative benefits and compensation plans are keys to rewarding and retaining these individuals.
Who's this for?
- Business Owners
- Key Person
- Reward Key Employees
- Retain Key Employees and Shareholders
- Minimize the impact on your business if key employees, shareholders or business owners were to become disabled, critically ill or die
- Retire or lower debts if key employees, shareholders or business owners were to become disabled, critically ill or die
Before buying insurance from your bank to cover your mortgage, please consider your options. What does the insurance cover?
On April 20, 2021, the B.C. Minister of Finance announced the 2021 budget. We have highlighted the most important things you need to know, including:
• Changes in the requirement to repay the B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers
• Home Owner Grant threshold change
• PST exemption for electric bikes
• Elimination of PST rebate for certain vehicle sales
• Delay in the carbon tax increase
• Tobacco tax increases
• Changes to the speculation and vacancy tax