Who's this for?
- Age 30 to 44
- Starting to be established in career
- Recently married/common-law relationship
- May have children
- Recently purchased first home
- Paying off mortgages
- Establish an emergency fund
- Staying on Budget (Download our app!)
- Make a spending plan-short, medium and long term
- Saving for children’s education
- Saving for retirement
- Taking care of the “What-ifs?”
- Critical Illness
- Premature Death
- Make a will
Looking for an “at a glance” document covering all the important dates you need to know to stay on track with your financial planning in 2022?
Our 2022 financial calendar (which you can easily bookmark or print out) makes sure you’re always in the loop! It lists important dates, including:
• Payments dates for the Canada Child Benefit, CPP, OAS, and the GST/HST credit.
• When TFSA contribution room starts again.
• Tax filing deadlines.
• Charitable contribution deadlines and the last day to contribute to registered investment accounts.
• When the Bank of Canada interest rate announcements are.
The end of 2021 is quickly approaching – which means it’s time to get everything in order, so you’re ready when it comes time to file your taxes.
We’ve broken this article into the following sections to make it easy to find the tax tips you’re looking for:
• Individuals, including details on COVID-19 benefits and important tax credits.
• Investment considerations, including how to best contribute to TFSAs, RRSPs, and RDSPs.
• Families, including how to claim childcare expenses and make the most of RESPs.
• Retirees, including essential details about applying for CPP and OAS.
We’re approaching the end of the year, so it’s time to review your business finances. We’ve put together an article highlighting the most critical tax-planning tips you need to know as a business owner.
We’ve focused on:
• How to determine the right salary and dividend mix.
• The best ways to handle compensation.
• How to make sure you can take advantage of the small business deduction.
• What you need to know about depreciable assets and charitable donations.
• How to make the most of Covid-19 relief programs.