If you are seeking ways to save in the most tax-efficient manner available, TFSAs and RRSPs can both be effective options for you to achieve your savings goals more quickly. However, each plan does have distinct differences and advantages / disadvantages. Let’s take a look at their key features
Who's this for?
- Age 55 to 64
- Preparing for retirement
- May have adult children
- Increased Net Worth
- Almost done paying mortgage
- Little to no debt
- Retirement savings is top priority (Download our app to see if you’re on track)
- Staying on budget (Download our app!)
- Reducing income tax
- Taking care of the “What-ifs?”
- Critical Illness
- Premature Death
- Make a will
- Consider powers of attorneys
- Making sure health insurance is adequate
Financial Calendar for 2019- All the deadlines you need to know to maximize your benefits!
Now that we are nearing year end, it’s a good time to review your finances. 2018 saw a number of major changes to tax legislation come in force and more will apply in 2019, therefore you should consider available opportunities and planning strategies prior to year-end.