Several key changes relating to personal financial arrangements are covered in the Canadian government’s 2018 federal budget, which could affect the finances of you and your family.
Who's this for?
- Age 65 and over
- Increased Net Worth
- No longer working or working part time
- Mortgage is paid off
- Little to no debt
- Review pension arrangements
- Staying on budget (Download our app!)
- Living off savings
- Reducing income tax
- Taking care of the “What-ifs?”
- Long Term Care
- Premature Death
- Make a will
- Consider powers of attorneys
- Making sure health insurance is adequate
- Estate PlanningAlmost done paying mortgage
The government’s 2018 federal budget focuses on a number of tax tightening measures for business owners. It introduces a new regime for holding passive investments inside a Canadian Controlled Private Corporation (CCPC). (Previously proposed in July 2017.)
Are you sure you’re ready for this major financial decision? Purchasing a home is one of the biggest financial decisions most of us will ever make. We can help.