Now that we are nearing year end, it’s a good time to review your finances. 2018 saw a number of major changes to tax legislation come in force and more will apply in 2019, therefore you should consider available opportunities and planning strategies prior to year-end.
Who's this for?
- Age 21 to 34 Years Old
- Starting your career
- Finished school
- Pay off debts, student loans, credit cards
- Establish an emergency fund
- Start a Budget
- Pay yourself first: start a regular savings plan
- Downpayment for a home
- Save for large purchases: such as car,
- Start saving for your retirement
- Review your benefits from work including your health and disability benefits
There are no perfect answers in the area of your personal finances, but if you are looking for an option that has the potential to offer you a real sense of peace of mind to secure the financial future of you and your family, critical illness insurance is certainly an interesting avenue to explore.
Many business owners are unaware that corporate owned life insurance combined with the Capital Dividend Account (CDA) provides an opportunity to distribute corporate surplus on the death of a shareholder to the surviving shareholders or family members tax-free.