Who's this for?
- Key Person
- Buy Sell Arrangement
- Business Loan/Overhead Risk
- Value of your business can represent a substantial source of income in retirement, therefore proper succession planning can ensure that the risks to your lifestyle in retirement is minimized.
- If your hope is to have your business continued by one or more family members, then you will likely need to coordinate your business plan with your estate plan and explore any tax deferral opportunities.
- Any unforeseen events could lead to problems in your business without proper planning. Advanced planning can ensure that you, your business and family are protected.
Self-employed: Government of Canada addresses CERB repayments for some ineligible self-employed recipients
Great news for some ineligible self-employed Canadians who received the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Both TFSAs and RRSPs can be significant savings vehicles for your clients. We’ve put together an article to help your clients easily understand the differences between them – with one section focussing on differences in deposits and one focussing on differences in withdrawals.
The deposit section focuses on:
• How much contribution room is available each year
• How carry forward works for TFSAs and RRSPs
• Tax deductibility of contributions
• Tax treatment of growth
The withdrawal section focusses on:
• Conversion requirements
• Tax treatment of withdrawals
• Impact of withdrawals on government benefits
• Impact of withdrawals on contribution room
We’ve put together a financial calendar for 2021. It contains all the dates you need to know to make the most of your government benefits and investment options. Whether you want to bookmark this or print it out and post it somewhere prominent, you’ll have everything you need to know in one place!