Minimize the risk if death, disability or critical illness were to happen to a key person or shareholder of the business.
Who's this for?
- Key Person
- Buy Sell Arrangement
- Business Loan/Overhead Risk
- Retain Key Employees and Shareholders
- Minimize the impact on your business if key employees, shareholders or business owners were to become disabled, critically ill or die
- Retire or lower debts if key employees, shareholders or business owners were to become disabled, critically ill or die
First Home Savings Account (FHSA): What You Need to Know
Are you looking to buy your first home in Canada? The First Home Savings Account (FHSA) could help make it happen. This savings plan allows first-time home buyers to save up to $40,000 tax-free, with contributions being tax-deductible. In this article and infographic, we cover everything you need to know about FHSA, including eligibility requirements, contributions and deductions, qualifying investments, withdrawals, and transfers.
Tax Tips You Need To Know Before Filing Your 2022 Taxes
It’ll be time to file your 2022 taxes soon, and you must take advantage of every tax credit and deduction you can! Our article covers the following:
• Canada Workers Benefit.
• Claiming home office expenses.
• The tax deduction for zero-emissions vehicles.
• Return Of Fuel Charge Proceeds To Farmers Tax Credit.
• Eligible Educator School Supply Tax Credit.
Federal Budget 2023 Highlights
On March 28, 2023, the Federal Government released their 2032 budget. This article highlights the following financial measures:
• New transfer options associated with Bill C-208 for intergenerational transfer.
• New rules for employee ownership trusts.
• Changes to how the Alternative Minimum Tax is calculated.
• Improvements to Registered Education Savings Plans.
• Expanding access to Registered Disability Savings Plans.
• Grocery rebate.
• Deduction for tradespeople tool expenses.
• Automatic tax filing.
• New Canadian Dental Care Plan.